Cases refer to the electronic file your organization keeps on clients who receive your services and are involved in your programs.
To create a new Case Record, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the cb Engage Workload View and select the plus icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Enter the following information, then select Create Case from the right-hand action menu.
- Case Name (required): This will be the name of the case. We recommend using a standard naming convention for all cases.
- Type (required): This is the type of case you are creating. We recommend thinking of this field as a categorization tool.
- Status (required): This is the status of the case.
- Goals (required): Add client or case goals here.
- Add Case Assignee: This is the Casebook User who will be responsible for the case.
The Case Summary section contains all the information a user has entered while creating the case. If you need to edit any of this information after the case was created, select the pencil icon.
It's best practice to add clients (people) to the Case Record.
To add a person to a case record, follow the steps below:
- Select the plus icon towards the right-hand side of the People section.
- Begin by entering the person's name into the Person field. Based on your entry, people will start to appear. If the person does not yet have a Person Profile in Casebook, you will need to create one by selecting Create New Person.
- Select the Involvement Type from the drop-down list. We recommend that you think of the Involvement Type field as a way to categorize clients by program-related information.
- Select the Role from the drop-down list. We recommend that you think of the Role field as how this client relates to the case they are being included on.
- Select the Effective Date from the date picker. This date will relate to when the Involvement Type began.
- Enter any person-specific goals for the case in the Goals section.
- Select Save from the right-hand action menu.
Relationships will automatically appear as you add people to the case. Relationships on the Case Record are view-only, if you need to manage the relationships for this person, please visit their Person Profile.
If there is more than one person attached to the case, users can view their relationships by selecting the For [Name] icon and selecting the person's name.
Users can mark a case as closed by using the Case Status field. As an admin, you can determine a single value or multiple values that indicate whether a case is in the closed state by mapping the values to inactive.
Best Practices When Closing A Case
When closing a case record in Casebook, there are a few best practices.
- As users update the Case Status to Closed, it is recommended that users also provide an end date for any involvements and open services.
- To end an involvement on a case record, navigate to the People section. Select the Options menu, then select End Involvement on a Case. Finally, enter in the end data and the outcome then select Save.
- To end a service on a case record, navigate to the Services section. Select the Options menu, then select End.