How to use the form builder in cb Admin to create forms using pre-written PDF documents.
How to create a new form using a PDF:
- In cb Admin, select Forms from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select the the plus icon.
- Click “Create new form from PDF.”
- Select a PDF file from your computer’s drive.
- If, at any point after doing step 4, you change your mind and decide to use a different PDF as a backdrop, click Update PDF. Then select a new PDF file from your computer’s drive.
Note: When filling out forms on mobile, there are slight differences than if you fill out forms on the web.
- Under “Settings,” type in all the required information and any additional information you have into the text boxes.
Note: Required information is highlighted in green and has an asterisk. Optional information is not highlighted and has no asterisk.
- Title: This is the name of the form.
- Description: These are details about what the form is used for.
- Comments for this version: This can be any additional information you want to write down related to this version of the form.
- Note: Required information is highlighted in green and has an asterisk. Optional information is not highlighted and has no asterisk.
- The uploaded PDF now appears in the background. Under “Form builder,” click, drag, and drop a component from the sidebar onto the PDF backdrop. (See Form Components for more information.
- When the component’s window appears (see the image below), fill in all the information for the form component. (See Form Component Customizations for more information.)
- Check how the form component will look in the preview section of the form components window.
- Click save to save this form component in the draft stage. (See Testing and Publishing Forms and Deleting and Archiving Forms for more information about form stages.)
Note: When working with forms that have PDF backgrounds, users can save in progress and return to complete their work
- To preview how the form will look, click preview.
- To download the previewed form as a test to see how it will look as a PDF, click Download PDF.
- Then click Edit to continue editing the form.
- Click Move to in review to save this form into the in review stage.
To watch these steps in action, see the video below:
Note: Any data entered while previewing a form will not persist. You must be on a Case Record, Intake Report, Provider Record, or Person Profile to complete a form.